CFO Brussels Region/Hybrid
Introducing GIMBER, we are the fresh "kick" in town, an up-and-coming company propelling its zesty presence in the zero-proof market. Disenchanted with mundane, wine-soaked gatherings, Dimitri conceived the idea of GIMBER in November 2017, right in his own kitchen. After relentless months of searching for the perfect blend that would tantalize his taste buds without leaving him dizzy, GIMBER was born.
With an extravagant infusion of premium ginger, water, and positive vibes, GIMBER emerged as the embodiment of bold flavour. It stands ready to enrich your days and nights with an invigorating punch that never disappoints. We firmly believe in the philosophy that individuals are defined by their choices of beverage and their contributions to the market. In essence, we aim to captivate the world with an unadulterated, natural, and organic ginger beverage.
As CFO, you will report to Gimber's CEO, Mr Tim Kamanayo, and be part of an Executive Committee. In addition to the CFO, the Executive Committee includes the Marketing Director, HR & Legal Director, Operations Director and Sales Director.
The CFO supervises a Controller and a Group Finance Manager (including 2 Accountants are located).
YOUR CUP OF GIMBER?
As the CFO, you are the CEO's trusted right-hand person, dedicated to supporting the company's growth agenda. You craft a robust financial strategy, shape the financial organization, and provide comprehensive business support to enhance the company's performance.
Your focus is on accurate financial data, investment decisions, and financial stability. You also manage cash flow, support various departments, and upgrade ICT systems to align with the company's entrepreneurial ambitions. In addition, the following tasks will be primarily within your area of focus:
- Leading the current finance department;
- Upgrading monthly financial and management reports;
- Introducing an adequate budgeting and planning & control process;
- Implementing and optimising working capital and cash flow planning;
- Ensuring uniform group accounting rules;
- Optimisation of the tax position and financing structure;
- Helping to implement operational improvement programmes and optimal pricing strategies;
- In consultation with the CEO, preparing the decision-making by the Board of Board and/or shareholders;
- Maintaining relationships with banks including managing financing issues and managing covenants agreed with the bank covenants;
- Evaluating potential acquisition targets, executing any acquisition processes and the post-acquisition integration thereof;
- Helping to prepare business plans within the company.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR NEW CFO?
- You have a Master's background with extensive experience as a CFO or Finance Director, holding ultimate responsibility, within large to medium-sized companies.
- Preferably, you have gained experience in the consumer industry, particularly the food industry, and possessing knowledge of the retail market is a strong asset.
- You bring experience within controlling in a production environment, including co-manufacturing, with a focus on cost of goods. Experience with M&A and integrations is a strong plus.
- You possess a full set of functional financial qualities, including accounting, treasury, (business) controlling, tax, finance, regulatory, etc.
- Your extensive experience includes proficiency with ERP/IT systems and management information systems, as well as financial IT systems.
- You have excellent knowledge of Dutch, French, and English
- You embody ethical leadership, cultivating trust through authenticity and integrity.
- You demonstrate adaptability, positivity, and resilience in a changing environment.
- You exhibit entrepreneurial drive, a hands-on implementation attitude, and quick decision-making in a dynamic, no-nonsense setting.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
If you’ve been nodding all along while reading this job offer, it’s your cue to give it a shot. Class up your career game with zero alcohol & tons of bite & send everything we need to know.
For this position, we are looking for a freelance entrepreneur who will invoice his/her services monthly through a management company.